Air Duct Cleaning
Indoor air quality isn’t something that a lot of homeowners think about on a daily basis. As we see dust, pet hair and debris pile up on our electronics and bookcases, we know it’s time to dust and vacuum. But dead skin, dander, pet hair and more can be found in the air we breathe as well, which means you can be inhaling some pretty nasty stuff. Improve the quality of the air in your home and breathe a little easier with regular duct cleaning from LIBERTYAIR.
Clear the air with a professional duct cleaning!
Professional Duct Cleaning
We provide thorough duct cleaning services to Gainesville and the surrounding North Central Florida region so that your home can truly be as clean as it appears. Dust, dander and other unwanted particles can get trapped in your vents and ducts, allowing your heating and cooling system to constantly push this debris into your home. Even with air filters in place, dust can build up in the ducts, which is why we recommend having your ducts cleaned regularly.
Why Your Home’s Ducts Need Cleaning
Clogged air filters are one of the most common reasons that a heating or cooling system stops working or appears to not work as efficiently as it should. And although air filters can capture the majority of particles passing through the air, many can escape and are pushed throughout your home. When air filters and ducts are clogged with dust, airflow is restricted, which usually causes homeowners to turn the heat up or the air conditioning down in order to feel the same airflow to which they are accustomed. But fiddling with the fans and thermostat can use more energy and end up costing more on your monthly utility bill.
How to Tell If the Ducts Need to Be Cleaned
At LIBERTYAIR, we recommend having your air ducts cleaned regularly. However, because each home is different, there is no set number of cleanings per year. Some homes may require more cleanings than others based on several factors. The number of people living in the home, the number of pets in the home, and how often the air filter is changed can all affect how much dust and debris gets caught in the air ducts.
The type of heating and cooling system you use can also affect how frequently you should have the air ducts cleaned. Gas furnaces can cause more buildup in the ducts due to the burning of the fuel. And because heat pumps draw air from outside, pollen and additional particles can be caught in the draft.
If you aren’t sure whether it’s time for a cleaning, look for these signs of buildup.
- Air return and air supply vents are covered in dust or film.
- Filtration lines can be found on the carpet, walls or ceiling near the vents.
- The air flow or temperature of the air does not feel adequate, or if you notice that the heating or cooling unit is running continuously.
- You’ve installed a new heating or cooling appliance or furnace.
- Ductwork has been completed. Work done on ducts can leave a lot of dust and debris behind.
- Your home has been recently remodeled or an addition has been built.
- Ductwork has been damaged by water. Mold and other sediments can easily build up in the ducts.
These are just a few warning signs that can indicate an air duct cleaning is overdue. Regularly schedule maintenance on your air ducts can prevent significant buildup and also provide you with cleaner air in your home.
Clean air ducts can also improve the way your home smells. Smokers, pet owners, homeowners who use fuel for cooking, and homeowners with working fireplaces often experience lingering odors in their homes. Cleaning your air ducts can help reduce these odors and keep your home smelling fresh.
Did You Know …
- Most people spend up to 90% of their time indoors.
- Indoor air quality can be up to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air quality.
- Poor indoor air quality has been linked to an increase in the number of children with asthma and severe allergies.